SAAS Product Manager
NT Global requires competent SAAS Product Managers who will function as global ambassadors of our products and services.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Sales Managers who has exposure managing SaaS or web-based products, to join the business with a focus on expanding the company’s product offering into new markets.
Number of Vacancies : 1
Position : SAAS Product Manager
Experience required : 4 – 7 years
Job Location : East Africa
The SAAS Product Manager will drive the positioning, messaging, pricing, sales enablement, and sales tools development for our clients, will also help drive the strategy and implementation of product positioning and go-to-market strategies to support sales and marketing.
Our principal area of expertise includes SAAS and our regions of operation include Rwanda and East Africa. A fundamental knowledge of IT Software Licensing, Networking/VSAT, Cloud Hosting and Billing Software combined with a passion to adapt to fresh environments, learn new languages and interact with different cultures is crucial to represent the archetype for collaborative enterprise in East Africa – NT Global.
- To introduce and manage a suite of Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) product offerings, towards contributing to the success of SaaS as a strategic growth area
- To deliver excellent customer experience through ensuring a high level of relevance and right product construct of SaaS offerings to meet the needs
- To catalyse and maintain a high level of engagement with SaaS ISVs and partners
- Establish the product strategy and roadmap of each assigned SaaS genre, covering competitive analysis, market requirements gathering and resulting product specifications
- Evaluate the strategic, product and operational fit of available SaaS ISVs and partners
- Negotiate and conclude the partnership agreement for selected ISV and partner
- Define the product construct and scheme of service
- Project-manage the introduction of each new SaaS product by closely coordinating across the various functional teams and with the ISV and partner concerned
- Establish the product pricing & costing, and perform the product-related financial forecast
- Set up the processes for service provisioning, sales, billing, post-sales customer care and financial settlement with ISVs and partners
- Establish detail testing requirements for each product, for execution by the SaaS Product Delivery team prior to launch
- Develop the content for product collaterals, and work closely with SaaS Product Marketing and relevant Segment Marketing teams to execute go-to-market plans
- Conduct timely internal product training to enable all relevant sales touchpoints
- Manage each product lifecycle, including tracking and analyzing product revenue and cost performance, profitability management, product competitiveness, future enhancements and End-Of-Life planning
- Manage and maintain a high level of engagement with ISVs and partners
- Maintain proper documentation for each product under management
- Perform thorough market research and competitive analysis to understand and develop a competitive strategy for the marketplace
- Help drive the strategy and planning efforts to drive awareness and to accelerate customer demand
- Product messaging responsibilities include creating product collateral, website content, data sheets, case studies, white papers and presentations
- Go-to-market planning and execution responsibilities include developing channel and direct sales tools, support training and enablement; pricing; and marketing campaign and event support.
- Partner with senior leadership and functional departments, including product management, channel sales, direct sales, professional services and corporate marketing with effective positioning, messaging, education and competitive differentiation.
- Partner with product management and corporate marketing to plan and execute product launches
- Manage, plan and organize project activities, Develop business project plans/schedules, work with PMs to deliver in line with major project milestones.
- Evangelize IT solutions, formulate framework and lead delivery for consulting and implementation project.
- Manage projects with a liaison role between various stakeholders and business units of customers for successful and satisfactory delivery of Professional Services. Solution architect for complex customer requirements. Work closely with sales organization and senior management office to develop and implement business strategies
- Lead diverse and specialized teams. Possess Strong people management, Client Relationship and Talent Management skills. Involved Recruiting, coaching and developing staff. Acknowledged expert in performance management, attendance and disciplinary issues.
- Proven track record in building and motivating teams to achieve business objective. Systematic approach to analyzing issues and solving problems including developing processes to improve performance and reduce costs. An eye for detail.
- Supporting and training young people to become active participants within their communities and projects. Ability to meet deadlines, targets and budgets in a busy environment whilst keeping professional and remaining calm under pressure
- Driving Marketing initiatives, driving new campaigns and promoting the brand.
- Mentoring and Training new hires.
- Developing, designing & executing the campaigns for strategic sales, responsible for developing demand generation & account penetration.
- Business Development by Prospecting for new customer, Built sound and lasting working relationships with key partners and clientele,Analyze important industry market intelligence, in relation to: market trends and development, competitive customers and analysis,Formulate and implement sales initiatives and marketing strategies
- Computer Engineering or equivalent degree in any software associated discipline from a reputed university/college.
- An MBA or PGDM from a reputed institute, preferably in the IT Management, Sales or Marketing disciplines
- Two to Seven years of experience selling Enterprise Softwares or SaaS
- A proven track record of customer relationship building and networking
- Adaptability and past record of service in foreign environments & markets
- Aptitude to learn new languages and flexibility to be accustomed to different cultural practices
- Knowledge of and familiarity with technology
- Expertise and a proven track record successfully marketing accounting and financial business applications is a MUST. Cloud experience is highly desired
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Proven track record partnering with cross-functional teams and leading successful product launches
- Strategic thinker, creative problem solver and strong analytical skills
- Ability to think strategically and execute tacticallyExperience influencing and communicating product offers to customers, prospects, sales people, industry analysts and trade press
- A ‘go getter’ attitude with the ability to utilize networks and discover opportunities
- Maturity to deal with different kinds of personalities
- Leadership attribute to inspire and motivate colleagues and gain the trust and confidence of clients
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuade customers
- Flexibility to work, often independently in a small company environment and in remote locations
- Experience and intuition to take relevant action in critical situations
- Ability to build and deepen relationships with customer organizations and government leaders
- Arbitrary knowledge of non-IT sectors including Finance, Law Enforcement, Defence, Healthcare, Public Distribution, Transportation etc. to be able to understand and cater to customer requirements
- The skill-set to create and interpret data including statistics, charts and case studies
- The tactical know-how to conduct negotiations and compete in bids for tender proposals
- Ability to keep-up with technological advancements, study constantly and utilize resources such as social media for networking and marketing
- self-motivation and a competitive, results-driven attitude passion, dedication and focus;
- A good level of technical understanding with enthusiasm for new technology and its commercial uses;
- stamina and resilience and the ability to work well under pressure;
- articulate and confident presentation skills and professional telephone manner;
- time-management skills and the ability to prioritise;
- attention to detail;
- persuasive and influential verbal communication skills;
- a strong team spirit;
- business awareness;
- a full, clean driving licence if the job includes regular travel to clients’ premises.